The General Terms below are complicated legal terms that serve to protect us and make clear the privacy terms that will apply to users of Realyou services. These terms below are here to give you a simple explanation of what the General Terms really mean in plain English.
However, these plain English terms are not legally binding and the General Terms are still the legal terms that will apply if anything goes wrong.
● Personal Information: Realyou temporarily stores your personal information when you use our service. Because of this, Realyou takes on the legal responsibilities that come with storing this information.
● Collection and Use of Personal Information: In order to successfully deliver Realyou’s service, we are required to collect and disclose your personal information with our agents for verification purposes.
● Your Rights: You have the right to be able to access, amend, and delete your personal information.
● Security: Realyou uses highly secure cloud services by Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS provides encryption in transit with TLS across all services.
● Third-party Links: When you click on a third-party link to another site that is not operated by us, we have no control over or responsibility for the content or privacy policies of these other sites.
By accessing this website or by making a booking to verify your identity, you consent to Realyou collecting, using, and disclosing Personal Information about you that is provided by you or another person as described below.
Collection of Personal Information
The nature of the Service means that individuals being verified disclose to Realyou and our agents (where applicable) personal information, such as information contained within identity documentation. We only collect Personal Information that is necessary (i) for the purposes of the Services, (ii) for the performance of a contract for which you are a party, (iii) for which you have given consent for such processing of your data, or (iv) for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
The Personal Information that we collect therefore differs from person to person depending on the type of identity documentation verified.
If you provide us with Personal Information about someone other than yourself, you represent that you are authorised to do so and agree to inform that person who we are, that we will use and disclose that information for the Service and they have the ability to access the Personal Information we have about them.
The type of Personal Information we collect or which we may hold about you may include, but is not limited to:
● Full name
● Date of birth
● Phone number
● E-mail address
● Job Title
● Company Name
● Payment information
● Username and password
● Information on how you use our products and services such as your Internet Protocol (‘IP’) address, server address, domain name, and information on your browsing activity when visiting our Website.
You have no obligation to provide Realyou with any Personal Information that is requested by us. However, due to the nature of the Service, if you choose not to provide us with such information, we will be unable to provide you with our Service.
We collect your Personal Information in the following ways:
● When you request us to act on your behalf or you instruct your agent to act on your behalf via the Website/Application;
● When you provide information about a customer service issue;
● When you visit our Website
Realyou may disclose your Personal Information to:
● The reporting agent who you are establishing a relationship or those nominated by you; and
● Government entities and other external data providers that hold your information on you in order to verify that the information provided by you is consistent with the records held by such organisations.
Using Personal Information
We understand the importance of using your Personal Information in a responsible and secure manner. Your Personal Information may only be used by Realyou under the following circumstances:
● to identify you when you register and login to your account;
● the operation and maintenance of your account;
● to enable us to operate the Service and provide it to you as requested;
● verifying identification documents against their originating official database;
● conveying your Personal Information to your nominated agent who will be relying on your verified identification (e.g., solicitor, bank etc.) for legal purposes;
● payment processing;
● dealing with requests, enquiries, complaints, and other customer services;
● to analyse the Website and information about Users, including research into our user demographics and user behaviour in order to improve our content and Service;
● to contact you about your account and provide customer service support, including responding to your comments and questions;
● to share aggregate (non-identifiable) statistics of Users of the Service to prospective advertisers and partners;
● to keep you informed about the Service, features, and offers we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
● to sell or market Realyou products and services to you;
● to comply with any legal, government, or regulatory obligation;
● interacting with organisations that Realyou has a business relationship with for the purpose of enabling the performance of the Service or other services you expressly require;
● to better understand your needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyse trends, improve the features and usability of the Service, and better understand and market to our customers and Users; and
● to keep the Service safe and secure.
In using our Service you authorise Realyou to pass on any Personal Information that you provide us to the reporting entity who is using or referred you to use the Service.
We may use your Personal Information for other purposes which are directly related to those above that would reasonably be expected by you.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have given your consent, if you have requested or if you use the Service to access products or experiences from us and if you have not opted out of receiving marketing messages.
Storage of Personal Information
Realyou is a New Zealand company with its head-office located in Wellington, New Zealand. Your data will be held by Amazon Web Services (AWS) by Realyou.
Our clients, who are a business that you are looking to work with, for legal purposes under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Finance Act, are required by law to verify you identity before they can bring you on as a client. They use Realyou’s Service to collect and verify your identity to comply with the legislation. They are also required by law to collect and store this information and are audited annually.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), New Zealand is considered a country which provides adequate protections for Personal Information, as confirmed by the European Commission in Commission Decision 2013/65/EU. We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or statutory reporting requirements. Realyou has appointed a Privacy Officer who can be contacted at [email protected]
As an individual using Realyou to verify your ID, you are able to review your data during the workflow and update any errors that might have occurred as the data has been extracted from your ID. After this point, you will have no ability to access or review your results.
If you are a User of Realyou for verifying the ID of your customers, you will have the ability to review and edit your personal details in the Account section of your account within the Application. If you are a Company Admin, you will have the ability to edit your Company information and add and remove new Users. If you decide to terminate your account, you will need to email us at [email protected] and we will deactivate it. Remember that once your account is closed, you will no longer be able to login and access your Personal Information and will not be able to review any recent verifications, or generate any new ones. You can, however, re-open the account at any time.
If you are a User of Realyou and your account is deleted, all personal information will be deleted immediately. If you are a Company account and you request to delete your account, your account will be deactivated initially and once the final invoice has been paid, the account will be deleted and all personal and company information will be removed entirely from the system and all corresponding verifications.
You have the option of changing your marketing preferences at any time your account remains open by emailing [email protected]
You have the following rights with regard to your Personal Information:
● The right to request access to your Personal Information. This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you.
● The right to request to correct your Personal Information if it is inaccurate. You may also supplement any incomplete Personal Information we have, taking into account the purposes of the processing.
● The right to request deletion of your Personal Information if;
– your Personal Information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected or processed them; or
– you withdraw your consent if the processing of your Personal Information is based on consent and no other legal ground exists; or
– you object to the processing of your Personal Information, and we do not have an overriding legitimate ground for processing; or
– your Personal Information is unlawfully processed; or
– your Personal Information has to be deleted for compliance with a legal obligation.
● The right to object to the processing of your Personal Information. We will comply with your request, unless we have a compelling overriding legitimate interest for processing or we need to continue processing your Personal Information to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim.
● The right to restrict the processing of Personal Information, if:
– The accuracy of your Personal Information is contested by you, for the period in which we have to verify the accuracy of the Personal Information; or
– The processing is unlawful and you oppose the deletion of your Personal Information and request restriction; or
– We no longer need your Personal Information for the purposes of processing, but your Personal Information is required by you for legal claims; or
– You have objected to the processing, for the period in which we have to verify overriding legitimate grounds
You can exercise several of your rights through the personal information section of your account. To exercise your other rights you can file a request by email to [email protected]
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. In an effort to speed up our response, we may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request.
Whenever you visit our website realyou.co.nz, Realyou collects information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics. No log data is collected on the Application app.realyou.co.nz
Cookies are files with small amounts of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the Website and are stored on your device’s hard drive.
Our Website https://realyou.co.nz uses these “cookies” to collect information and to improve our Service for users (for example, to temporarily remember your session in order to not ask you to fill this information again each time you visit the Website or go to one page to another). Some other cookies are used to generate statistics or to remember your preferences.
You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
● To facilitate our Service;
● To provide the Service on our behalf;
● To perform Service-related services; or
● To assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
The security of your Personal Information is imperative. We endeavour to employ best practice standards to ensure unauthorised access and disclosure of your information does not occur. Realyou uses a highly secure GCP cloud service to protect your data. GCP provides encryption in transit with SSL across all services.
Links to Other Sites